The Illinois Council on Family Relations will be hosting its Annual Conference
Intergenerational Relationships: Building Bridges for Diverse Families
Friday, April 12, 2019
Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois
We are seeking proposals which examine or promote resiliency in families from:
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Researchers and educators
- Practitioners and social service providers
- Family life educators
- Members of the community
We are seeking proposals in the following formats:*
- Paper presentation
- Panel discussion/presentation
- Poster presentations
Proposals must be submitted electronically and include the following:
- Proposal title (Limited to 12 words or less)
- Authors’ names, education level, and affiliation
- Presenter(s) names
- Abstract (not to exceed 450 words) – a description of your proposed presentation, including how it relates to the conference theme
- 3-5 key words that your presentation focuses on
- Your Preferred format: paper presentation, poster presentation, panel discussion or workshop*
*A workshop focuses specifically on techniques and/or skills either in a particular field or related to a particular
Special instructions for undergraduate student proposals:
- It is expected that you will work with a faculty mentor who will help guide you through the creation of your proposal
- Is expected that your faculty mentor will read through your proposal before you submit it to ILCFR and, when needed, offer you suggestions for edits.
- If you are submitting a poster with a faculty member, ILCFR would like you (the student) to be the presenter at the conference poster session.
All proposals submitted will be blind-peer reviewed by the ILCFR proposal review committee.
Submit your proposal through the following link:
Proposals are due by February 18, 2019. Presenters will be notified by March 12, 2019.
Please email Dr. Jacquelyn Frank ([email protected]) for more information about the conference or submitting a proposal.
The Illinois Council on Family Relations is affiliate of the National Council on Family Relations
For more information visit: www.il.ncfr.org