2020 Illinois Council on Family Relations Annual Conference
Breaking Barriers: Serving Immigrant Families
Friday, April 3, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Northern Illinois University
Holmes Student Center
Duke Ellington Ballroom
DeKalb, Illinois 60115
We are seeking proposals which examine or promote resiliency in families from:
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Researchers and educators
- Practitioners and social service providers
- Family life educators
- Members of the community
We are seeking proposals in the following formats:*
- Paper presentation
- Panel discussion/presentation
- Poster presentations
Proposals must be submitted electronically and include the following:
- Proposal title (Limited to 12 words or less)
- Authors’ names, education level, and affiliation
- Presenter(s) names
- Abstract (not to exceed 500 words)
- 3-5 key words that your presentation focuses on
- Your Preferred format: paper presentation, poster presentation, panel discussion or workshop*
*A workshop focuses specifically on techniques and/or skills either in a particular field or related to a particular
Special instructions for undergraduate student proposals:
- It is expected that you will work with a faculty mentor who will help guide you through the creation of your proposal
- Is expected that your faculty mentor will read through your proposal before you submit it to ILCFR and, when needed, offer you suggestions for edits.
- If you are submitting a poster with a faculty member, ILCFR would like you (the student) to be the presenter at the conference poster session.
All proposals submitted will be blind-peer reviewed by the ILCFR proposal review committee.
Submit your proposal through the following link:
Proposals are due by March 6, 2020 at 11:59pm. Presenters will be notified by March 14, 2020.
Please email Dr. D. Scott Sibley ([email protected]) for more information about the conference or submitting a proposal.
The Illinois Council on Family Relations is an affiliate of the National Council on Family Relations
For more information visit: il.ncfr.org